A few years ago mobile websites were seen as a nice-to-have offering while today, they are acknowledged as a necessity. According to the latest Pew Internet & American Life Project 25% of smartphone owners use their phones as their primary way of accessing the internet. From mobile browsers to netbooks and tablets, users are visiting websites from an increasing array of mobile devices. Your customers are already mobile, are you?.
Mobile websites can be built and published to incorporate the latest best practices including:
- Design that reflects existing brand and website
- Faster load time for on-the-go browsing
- Simplified layouts and navigation optimized for the mobile screen
- Prioritization and summaries of key pages and calls to action
- M-commerce and payments
- Social media and sharing elements
- Location features that helps people find and get to you (GPS)
- Live links to maps, emails and phone numbers for easy conversion
- Rich media integration for video, photo viewing and upload
- CMS and API integrations for real time schedules, updates and standings
- Subscription services
- Customizable analytics package
- Multiple advertising network integration options
Mobile websites are built using responsive web design, allowing for the flexibility to customize the experience for different types of screens on all major smart phone and tablet platforms. The intention is for users to have a good browsing experience, no matter what device they are on.